Sunday, April 25, 2010

New Floors

So, we have new tile in three areas of the house....The Pantry, The Entryway & The Laundry Room. Wow it is so much nicer to have new tile.
This upcoming week, we are getting our Kitchen done.


This exquisite pink and grey marble above is getting hacked out and I can't wait!


Above is the pantry with old vinyl.


This is the entryway after the old tile was pulled up.


Entry way with new tile (before the grout was placed).

Now for the Laundry Room.



Because we had to remove the washer & dryer from their area to get the floor put in...I took advantage of the opportunity to make it a bit more complete.



I scraped the popcorn ceiling, painted the walls green & cut and installed new baseboards so that I can have my washer & dryer hooked up again very soon (the mounds of clothes are getting steep).



Ta da....almost complete. We still need some texture on the ceiling, the baseboards to be caulked and painted a second time and the shelf painted in a cream color.

At least the bottom part is almost ready for me to install the washer and dryer again.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Great job! I wish I would have had a nail gun when I decided to do the baseboards in our laundry room - learned my lesson - my dad used his pneumatic nailer for the rest of the baseboards - it took a quarter of the time! BTW - you look AMAZING! I never look that good when I'm doing home improvement!

The M's said...

Thanks Laura! I do have to say how thankful I am for our finishing nail gun. I got it done pretty fast.

BTW - you should have seen me before I changed my shirt....I had popcorn texture all over :)

So that being said...I was trying to look cute like those HGTV gals.

Sabrina said...

You are amazing. I am definatly impressed.