Sunday, March 13, 2011

Baby Sheek!

Yay, a Mommy & Kenna picture.

So, for those of you that know me, know that I am ooberly excited to make things with my sewing machine. Last night, I needed a creative outlet and ended up making MaKenna a simple little skirt, a decorative onesie and a super cute hair clip.

Voila!

I have searched around different creative sites to get inspiration. The fabric I used is an old one of Henry Alexander that I picked up at a quilt shop in Roswell. Wish I had gotten more of this fabric...it's super cute!


Close up of the skirt.


Looking Sheek at playtime.

I must say that venturing into making clothing is very intimidating. I'm happy that I accomplished it and now I'm going to try to accomplish making a full dress by using a pattern.


Looking Sheek and Happy in her carseat.

Yikes, we'll see how that goes. I did get some really really cute Amy Butler fabric that I'm excited to use...so Good Luck to me ;) If all goes well, I think I'll join the world of Etsy (as in - I'll try to sale my handmade goodies).

7 comments:

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

I love the outfit. Great job! Makenna looks great in it!

Marietta said...

Can I be you one day? It is all just so darn cute!

Foxyboxy said...

That's one well-dressed lady. :) She is so darn cute. Hope you guys are doing well. It looks like you've finished many of your house projects, so congrats on that! I'm sure you're ready to be done with demolition and the consequent clean-up....

Sabrina said...

I am amazed. You are so creative, don't ever be imtimidated. I need to finish something. Maybe tomorrow.

Jeff&Rachel said...

Amanda-I wish our time in Clovis overlapped more- we could have some great fun sewing together! Clothes intimidate me (I'm bad at following patterns), but good job. Are there any good fabric stores in Clovis?

The M's said...

Texas - Thanks :)
Marietta - Yes you can - everyone has there season ;)
Emily - Well, I finished enough to give myself a break :) I'm soooo ready to be done with demo...almost there.
Sabrina - Thanks :)
Rachel - I know that would be so much fun! Well, there are four places to get fabric here in Clovis and they are all mediocre. I've heard there is a fabric store close by in another town thats pretty awesome but I haven't been there yet. I either buy online or there is a store in Roswell that has some pretty fabric that I love!

Poll Family said...

Okay, totally LOVE this little outfit you have made! You have outdone yourself here! So adorable. MaKenna looks so cute in her little skirt/shirt/bow!! You're awesome! Gotta love a good fabric find!!! Nice job, can't wait to see more of your projects!! :)