Sunday, June 29, 2008

So, I guess it's time for me to enter into the grand world of blogging. Amanda has been bugging me about making some entries for I don't know how long. However, in my defense, I actually had to log in under her name so that I could give myself permission to add a post! I think she really wanted the whole blog thing for herself. She only invited me to be polite because everyone knows that you should be polite to your spouse...well, haha, I have thwarted her plan!

Life is good! It has been great to finally finish law school and start making plans for life and what not. I really enjoyed law school and all the learning, however, in retrospect I could have done fine without all the stress and high tuition. Other than that, I've loved the experience, but I'm ready to move on. It seems like it's helped me to appreciate the simple things in life, like going for a walk or run with our little family. I still enjoy playing basketball with 18-20 year olds at the University and stealing the ball from them while my friends remind everyone on the other team that I'm 30 years old. Unfortunately, they like to exaggerate and they usually end up telling them that I'm 35 or 40. I don't mind, as long as we win.

I feel very blessed to be at the point that I am in life. I'm extremely appreciative of my wife and all the she does. She turning out to be an amazing wife and mother. I am also thankful for our little son Keedan. He brings a lot of joy to our lives and although at times he can be a handful, really is there anything else real important that I would be doing? (I realize there are a lot of good answers to this question; sleep, for example, does come to mind. The point is I love my son and couldn't imagine life without him.)

The next month is going to be a lot of fun. I'm taking the Bar exam. It's interesting that even after getting through three years of law school, they still make you take one more class so that you can learn all the law in order to be qualified to practice law. The class lasts for a stellar six weeks. It makes me wonder what I've spent the last three years learning. Although most of the information is somewhat familiar...there is a lot of stuff I'm learning for the first time, like, commercial paper. I'm surprised that I really had no idea what the subject was until the lecture. Now, I'm somewhat more confused about commercial paper. Fortunately, I have yet to meet anyone in my law class that understands commercial paper. So, my question, is there any real reason why we can't learn all this stuff in law school instead of learning about old English cases from the 1500's? I'll keep you updated on how the studying is coming.

This seems like a sufficient post for a first one...so stay tuned...more to come.

4 comments:

Daughter of God said...

Good luck with your test! Robert is going to take the bar next summer. He just got married last weekned by-the-way. You little one is so cute!

Erica said...

good luck! you'll do spectacular!

Unknown said...

Hey I know what commercial paper is... if I need it then you need it! Good luck, you're gonna do great!

Sandra said...

Ryan WOW long time no see! Congrats on law school and good luck with the Bar exam. Your little one is a cutie! We have been great how have you been, besides all the hard school work?