Thursday, June 11, 2009

Paddy Cake, Paddy Cake Baker's Wo-man



For the month of May I signed up for a cake decorating class @ Hobby Lobby. It was once a week on Tuesday nights for two hours.

I made it a point to enjoy my "me" time because Keedan would spend time with daddy on my class nights. And, I did enjoy it very much!

I have always wanted to take a class to learn how to decorate cakes. My good friend Texas (who also lives in Texas) makes FABULOUS cakes and since she is nowhere near to make them for me, it's high time I learned for myself :)

Week One the instructor did an overview of the Wilton Method and taught us how to make the decorating icing.

Week Two I made & decorated the following cake. I am so thankful that Ryan took it to work so that his co-workers could devour most of it.



While making the icing, I actually burned out the motor to the hand mixer.....no worries, all was still good with the icing.

Week Three I made cupcakes and had fun decorating them various ways.



The Fourth week I was missing in action from my class b/c I had to make a trip to Houston. Therefore, I still have a cake to make.

My final cake will be posted at a later time, once I

1. Buy a new hand mixer;

&

2. Find the time to make it.

Stay tuned.....

4 comments:

The Poll Family said...

Oh Amanda...you just made me really hungry for one of your yummy looking cupcakes! Nice work! Looks like the classes paid off, I'm impressed! I miss you! Hope you are doing well :)

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

Cake decorating is so much fun. I love making new creations. Your cake and cupcakes turned out great. I can't wait to see your final project.

Brian -n- Laura said...

Wow! These look great! I have always wanted to learn how to decorate cakes too - I can bake 'em and ice 'em, but it stops about there...

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!