Monday, October 25, 2010

Finally...we have a baby to hold!

MaKenna Eve Malnar
Born: Wednesday @ 1:07 a.m.
Wt.: 7lbs, 7oz
Length: 20.5 in.

Me ready to have a baby.

We arrived at the hospital at around 6:30 in the morning on Tuesday.
They broke my water at 8:00 a.m. and we waited patiently, then impatiently, then Halloween impatiently for baby to arrive (my monster voice manifested during the pushing stage, just ask Ryan).

Thankfully, I didn't have to push long at all...but WOW, it makes a difference when you've still got a sprinkler system. Sadly, my sprinkler system had run out of water after 17 plus hours.

An exhausted Ryan chatting with friends and family.

Keedan holding his baby siser for the first time. He has been sooooo sweet to MaKenna. It's mom that he's not so happy with....hopefully that will pass soon.

9 comments:

Melissa Andreasen said...

I am so thrilled for you. Can't wait to meet her.

Foxyboxy said...

And a hearty congratulations to you! She's adorable and I'm JEALOUS of that hair. I do believe she looks exactly like her gorgeous mother. :)

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

Mekenna is already such a pretty girl! Congratulations!

Megan said...

Congrats you guys!! She is so sweet and cute. What a perfect name and size. I hope all the adjusting goes well.

The Wasek Family said...

I'm so glad she made it here safely! She's beautiful!

Jeni said...

Aw, don't I feel special! I think she's wearing the dress I gave her!

Marietta said...

Can't wait to see all you guys! Love the pictures!

Tyler and Jeena said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

G-mom said...

awesome!! congrats!! haven't been in the blogging world lately, so i didn't even know you were pregnant!!! she is adorable... loving all her dark hair!