Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tacky Christmas Sweater Party @ the Hunt's House of Fun


Saturday night was so much fun! We attended the Hunt's 2nd Annual Tacky Christmas Sweater Party. It's the #1 social event of the year!

I rampaged through two Salvation Army stores last week to find the tackiest sweaters and to my suprise only found one. While at the party, I brought up my suprise (about the lack of tacky sweaters) and Jennifer (who is a teacher) mentioned that the reason that so few tacky Christmas sweaters are available is because most of the Teachers are probably wearing them to school. (Makes sense :)

So the one sweater I found, luckily was big enough to fit Ryan. I found a big bright red sweater that would fit around my ever growing belly and just decorated it with various Christmas stuff.
Check out our picture close up and think about what looks odd. Keep scrolling down afterward to see the results......

In the meantime while your still thinking about the oddness of our picture, here are the fabulous Host & Hostess....Patrick & Jennifer Hunt.

The party was great!!! There was a ton of yummy food (including Jennifers homemade eggrolls - which by the way were incredible) and a cookie station for decorating tacky cookies.

Others in attendance (that we know) were the Whites....Robby, Amber & there new little Babe Zane. Little Zane was sporting a newborn hand painted tacky onesie....but I have to make a note that it was definitely way too cute to be competing for the tacky prize :)

Now for the moment you have all been waiting for......Ryan won the prize for the tackiest sweater. Here's a close up of him with his prize...a Bobblehead
Santa that you can paint yourself.
The reason that Ryan one is because.....he was......wearing .....a woman's sweater.
To his defense I am the guilty party who picked out the sweater and failed to bring it to Ryan's attention that it was indeed a woman's sweater. It was my little secret until Patrick (while in conversation on whether to play games or watch a movie)stopped in the middle of his sentence and asked Ryan if he was sporting a woman's sweater. Ryan looked at me as if I needed to answer the question & I began laughing. I had been found out. I laughed soooooooo hard my belly hurt and tears began to swell from my eyes. Poor Ryan was picked on but hey it won him the prize :)

4 comments:

Phillips Family said...

DUCT TAPE?? Wow, that is interesting. Almost as intersting as Ryan's womanly sweater.

Foxyboxy said...

That is an awesome party idea!! And don't worry...Ryan used to wear women's sweaters all the time, so I'm sure he felt quite comfortable in it. :)

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

Thanks for the good laugh. I think my grandmother would love Ryan's sweater:)

Unknown said...

Hey it's Mickey

Looks like yall had a fun time. Ill send ya some new pics here soon. we have been super busy. That does sound like a fun party idea tacky sweater!! we might have to do that next year. we had 3 Christmas Parties to go to On Friday we were so rushed. did not even take many pics. but we should be able to take a lot of pics on Christmas!! WOw look at you all prego awwww