Thursday, December 6, 2007

I LOVE LOVE CVS Pharmacy in Pearland TX

Where should I begin? Okay, here I go.....So I started my day at Chik-fa-lae for FREE breakfast Thursdays. It was DELISH!!! Then I went to various stores to browse and kill some time. My last stop was to CVS. I parked, went inside, came out, got into the car, turned the key & nothin'. Can you imagine what just happened - Yes, I became stranded at CVS pharmacy. Of course I didn't have a cell phone on me or any body's phone number, so I went inside to use their phone. Because of my reliance on technology to think for me, the only number I had memorized was Ryan's cell phone number, which didn't help me much since it was almost 2:00 when I called and he was about to take a serious final exam. I felt myself becoming emotional thinking that I could be stranded there until after 5:00 p.m. when the manager "Connie" had overheard the message I left for Ryan and asked me if she could take a look at my car. We went outside and she brought a young man with her to evaluate the situation and to see if they could temporarily start the car, but the car wouldn't start. She then told me to come in to hang out with them inside the store. While inside I used their phone to call information to get my friend Jeni's work number. I thought that if Jeni could come by and pick me up on her way home from work it would only give me an hour and a half to two hour wait instead of over three hours waiting for Ryan to get done with his final. After I got off of the phone the manager told me that she could get an employee to run me home so that I would be more comfortable. I almost said no, but I just had to say yes - SO YES I SAID! A really sweet girl named Tamryn drove me home. I just feel so grateful and thankful to the kindness of the CVS employees for their care and generosity. I imagine that the manager took pity on me b/c I'm prego....and if so - Kudos to me for being pregnant :) !!!

3 comments:

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

Sorry about the car trouble. It is nice to know that CVS has some good employees. Do you think being pregnant you got more sympathy?

The M's said...

Yes, I definitely think that being pregnant they were more sympathetic. I went there again today and spoke with the manager "Connie" and the first thing she asked me was "How's that baby?

The Poll Family said...

Glad that everything worked out OK!! I hate car problems!! arrrgghhh!!!