Sunday, December 6, 2009

I shall blog!

So, I've decided it's about time that I start blogging on a regular basis (please disregard that I made the same decision about 1 year ago and did one post). I've come to this decision for a few reasons. First of all, I've been inspired by a couple other individuals, namely, the lonely maggot and legal quandary. Before I joined the Air Force, I read everything on their blogs about being an Air Force JAG. Second, it's just not fair that my wife have to post everything about our life and it's not fair that all my family and friends view never hear any of my inner thoughts. No fault to my lovely wife, as I am very happy that she's kept up the blog, because she's done a great job keeping everyone informed and kept a great sort of family journal.

We live in Clovis, NM and I work in the legal office at Cannon AFB. It's been interesting. We moved here during the height of the real estate recession and so we hoped to an inexpensive house to buy. Well, the prices here in Clovis are extremely overpriced. It was unbelievable. We finally found a foreclosure that we could fix up and remodel, so we went for it. This past weekend we bought our flooring and we've been removing walls and getting it all ready to put down before my family gets here for Christmas. Man, construction is a lot of work, I realize why people pay to have others do this kinda stuff.

I met the newest attorney in our office today. He seems like a nice guy. I almost feel bad knowing the way an LT gets treated sometimes. Or maybe that was just me. On second thought, I think it was me. I have the smallest office in the legal office and just to illustrate that point, I was meeting with the Wing Commander the other day and I had to ask him to move his chair so I could get the door open!!! Absolutely ridiculous. At least he didn't ask me if I was a 'real' attorney. I think the life-size poster shouting to the world that I passed the Texas bar might help. We did get new furniture and although it's not the best looking stuff...I really do have more desk space to put things than before, except my books! When they bought the furniture my office got a desk and...a desk, That's IT! This wouldn't be a big deal, except I'm an attorney and YES, I have reference books. Now, I am trying to find any book that has any kind of legal reference in it and filling my office, then maybe I'll get a bookshelf to go along with my desk, not that it will fit though.

After that rant, I do need to add the disclaimer that I have some kind of file cabinet with a couple shelves at the top, but you can only fit books on one shelf since the other one is so small.

When I talked talked to others about the problem with getting the door open...the suggestion always comes back that I should move my desk as close to the back wall as I can, so that guests have more room. I refuse to use 1/3 of my office for me and give up the other 2/3rds for the occasional commander that comes in my room. I will just have to ask them to move their chair. And that's a wrap...look for more ranting next WEEK!

2 comments:

Amy "Super Capt" Austin said...

My office is really big. I am not currently renovating my home. I have more office furniture than I know what to do with.

Marietta said...

I have an office. It is pretty spacious. I share it with 22 other people and all I get is a cubby hole. there is one computer...which someone is always on...can't wait till i graduate so I can have my own small office. JK Ryan I love you and you deserve the biggest office!