Saturday, July 18, 2009

First Week @ "THE HOUSE"

1. Garage Door Opener began to flame up once it was plugged in. It's a good thing that Ryan and I had already discussed replacing it.

2. Moving company broke our dryer so I put up a close line in the backyard.
While I'm glad to be practicing a bit of green living, I seem to forget to get the clothes off the line before the treacherous storms are upon us, which seems to happen at around 6-7 pm.

3. Stumped the side of my front BIG toe, so hard that after a couple of hours I thought that it was broken.

I'm the queen when it comes to stumping my foot or toes. After this stump I announce my decline from being the Queen of Stumpness. Candidates are now being considered.

My picture does it no justice. You can't even see the pain.



I got to the ER door, drenched might I add from the sudden storm, and the door didn't open.

Thankfully a nurse came out after about 3 minutes....which is almost a lifetime when your about to emotionally lose it.




Positive Experience throughout this Stumped Foot ordeal:
- Keedan had two fabulous babysitters
- I was only at the ER for 3 hours
- Everyone that helped me was very nice and accommodating
- I didn't have to get a TETANUS shot, as once proposed by my doctor
- NO Broken Foot/Toe....just some really bad swelling that will be alleviated with much rest, elevation, ice & tylenol.

1 comment:

Marietta said...

Amanda! You are hilarious! I am so glad that you could be positive through all of that...you really are amazing. Thanks fot the laughs, me and Anita enjoyed it!